[WikiEN-l] Re: Our credibility is questioned

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Oct 29 21:46:53 UTC 2003

Louis warned:

> We can't win, because each point of view
> defines the baseline assumptions of the
> other as being unworthy of consideration
> or discussion.  Therefore, any article
> that merely includes terminology and
> ideas from each POV is inherently wrong
> according to the other.

On the contrary, we can use your penetrating analysis to *label* those
assumptions as the POV of the activists in question.

On one side, there's this:
* It's my body, I'll do whatever the hell I want with it. Get out, you
damned cancerous growth!

On the other, there's:
* Oh, what a cute baby! Surely you wouldn't murder your own son?

Note that both views take a human rights perspective. "You can't make me
harbor this monster" and "You dare not murder another human being".

If we can pull this off, it will be the PR coup of the century!

Uncle Ed