[WikiEN-l] Major Correction

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 21:12:30 UTC 2003

Jimbo wrote:
>Presumably, though, we should have an article "Eskimo"
>about the word, linking to "Inuit" the people?

Yeah, why not? The only issue right now is that there is not enough extent
Wikipedia text about the term "Eskimo" to move from [[Inuit]] to [[Eskimo]].
When that changes then [[Eskimo]] can be changed from a redirect to an
article. This will require, however, some degree of future maintenance to
make sure references in other articles meaning to link to an article about
the people are changed accordingly.

Yep. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pol_Pot

>I don't think that there would be much controversy
>in attributing those deaths to Pol Pot's decisions and
>policies, would there?  Even Noam Chomsky would
>likely admit that much.

Yeah, perhaps the text should be modified a bit. But my POV on this issue is
perhaps a bit too strong against Pol Pot, so I can't trust myself to be
neutral.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)