[WikiEN-l] Our credibility is questioned

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Wed Oct 29 20:16:31 UTC 2003

Poor, Edmund W wrote:
> This is precisely the sort of misunderstanding
> I was hoping would be averted, if we could
> convey our neutrality policy properly.

Indeed.

> Unfortunately, after a brief encounter with
> the mailing list, a person who may have
> considerable influence among readers has now
> dismissed this project as having any standing
> as a useful reference.

Well, I think she was really rude to go off like that based on her
disagreement with one person's remarks.  As it turns out, I think that
she's right on the content issue, and that the medical terms are
neutral and should be used uniformly in the article.

> What are everyone's thoughts on Eileen's
> evaluation of our editorial policy on articles
> relating to abortion?

Knee-jerk and not very helpful, that's what I think of her evaluation.

--Jimbo