[WikiEN-l] Our credibility is questioned

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Wed Oct 29 19:54:32 UTC 2003

Poor, Edmund W wrote:

>Unfortunately, after a brief encounter with
>the mailing list, a person who may have
>considerable influence among readers has now
>dismissed this project as having any standing
>as a useful reference.
>
>What are everyone's thoughts on Eileen's
>evaluation of our editorial policy on articles
>relating to abortion?

She sounds like an activist who will interpret anything neutral
as taking a position against, and who's lost so much perspective
that a single person's statement is taken as the official word. I'm
just as happy she's going away, because there's no evidence that
she would be able to work cooperatively with anybody who
disagrees with any part of her position.

Be not too troubled, because this will happen more and more; a
successfully neutral Wikipedia will come in for nonstop calumnies
from the partisans.

Stan