[WikiEN-l] Elizabeth Smart

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Wed Oct 29 15:48:55 UTC 2003

Jens Frank wrote:
> > I agree with keeping it at [[Elizabeth Smart (kidnap victim)]], if that
> > means anything.
> >
> Reading the article, I get the impression that "kidnap victim" might not
> be NPOV. I don't want to say that she was not kidnapped, but some points
> of the story indicate the possibility of a different explanation.

Well, I'd say that if any information comes out definitively to say
otherwise, or if there's any actual controversy about it, we could
try something different.  The thing I like about 'kidnap victim' as
a disambiguator is that it *instantly* disambiguates -- everyone will
know exactly who we mean.

> I'd prefer disambiguating by her middle name or by year of birth.

But those are meaningless, so if you got the page title in a search
result or whatever, you'd not know to click on it.

--Jimbo