[WikiEN-l] Elizabeth Smart

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 05:19:43 UTC 2003

RickK wrote:
>There's a war going on as to what to call the Elizabeth Smart article.
>It can't be just [[Elizabeth Smart]], because that's a disambiguation page.
>It can't be [[Elizabeth Anne Smart]] because she isn't known by her middle
>name.  It was at [[Elizabeth Smart (kidnap victim)]] yesterday, but is now
>at [[Elizabeth Smart (2000s media sensation)]] , which, IMHO, is not only
>offensive to her, but a ridiculous name.

Using a person's middle name or initial is a natural way to disambiguate and
therefore acceptable ([[George W. Bush]]/[[George H. W. Bush]]).  [[Elizabeth
Smart (kidnap victim)]] would be my second choice. The 'media sensation' one
has got to go, though.

I see the article is at [[Elizabeth Smart (kidnap victim)]] right now, so I'm
happy with that.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)