[WikiEN-l] Re: Mother Teresa article

Andre Engels engelsAG at t-online.de
Tue Oct 28 08:41:06 UTC 2003

"Jimmy Wales" <jwales at bomis.com> schrieb:
> Louis Kyu Won Ryu wrote:
> > Root causes of the "current upset" have everything to do with Wikipedia
> > policies and customs, in particular, the absence of some sort of means
> > for dealing with article disputes that cannot be solved within the Wiki
> > consensus editing model.
>
> Is there any evidence that this is the case in the current
> controversy?  What I mean is that the article already seems much
> improved over the past several weeks.  So in what way is it really
> true that the problem can't be solved within the Wiki consensus
> editing model?

It is not working in that the consensus editing model can make POV
lines and paragraphs NPOV, can correct factual errors and so forth,
but the issue with the page is that a number of people (me included)
are of the opinion that large amount of texts should be either
removed from the page or severely shortened, and others (in
particular Ec) will never get in consensus with such a change.

Andre Engels