[WikiEN-l] Re: Deletion policy needed

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Oct 27 14:32:41 UTC 2003

Rick moaned:

> This is an insult to the people who actually
> participate in Votes for Deletion and feel that we
> and the page provide a useful function.  If you feel
> that any and all pages need to be kept, then why
> don't you say so on the VfD page?  Because you are
> better than that?  You're above it?  VfD is beneath
> your contempt?  You are so much superior to those of
> us who feel that made-up articles and people's
> resumes don't belong on Wikipedia?
>
> Please explain how to fix an article which contains
> nothing but a resume of someone nobody has ever
> heard of.

I delete resumes right away, or blank them with a note in talk to the
"contributor" advising them not to post their resume.

I don't feel that "any and all pages need to be kept" - I've only voting
*against* on VfD a few times.

Sorry if you feel that "ignoring" a page is insulting. I also ignore
almost all of the pop culture pages. But that doesn't mean I "hate" pop
culture. I just don't know enough about it to comment or write.

VfD just seems like a cumbersome time-consuming way of pruning. I don't
see what above and below has to do with it.

Uncle Ed