[WikiEN-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] Saints

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Oct 23 16:14:15 UTC 2003

Charles Matthews wrote:

>"Ray Saintonge"  wrote
>
>>If you don't want titles in the articles that you write that's just
>>fine.  Others may prefer to include them in the articles that they
>>write; that's fine too..  Going around and removing these titles just
>>because they don't please you is a disrespectful act.
>>
>Puzzled by this comment.  I wouldn't so remove anything, in the absence of a
>convention.  Presumably there can be conventions? My wish not to have
>William Nicholson (artist) not called Sir wasn't respected.

I looked at the article and respect your view about it.  It has had only
one edit besides yours.  The last four were by you and more than a week
ago, so I have no reason to touch it myself because I know nothing aboui
Nicholson.  There is nothing on the discussion page.  In these
circumstances I would be the last one to object to your dealing with the
"Sir" in the manner that you stateed.  I would, however, recommend that
you discuss the matter with [[User:Angela]] who is the person who made
the change.

Ec