[WikiEN-l] No policy needed for titles

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Oct 23 13:40:19 UTC 2003

I don't think we need any special policy for personal titles like:
* Mr.
* President-for-life
* The Honorable
* Blessed
* His Holiness
* Father

If anyone objects to a *particular* use of a title, they can add an NPOV
qualifier, like:

* Sun Myung Moon - called "Father Moon" by friends of the movement
* Pope John Paul - called "His Holiness" by Catholics
* George Bush - called "Dumbo" by critics - he, he, just kidding
* Isaac Newton - known as "Sir Issac Newton" during his lifetime
* Mary - known by Catholics and most Protestants as the Blessed Virgin
Mary

Etc.

Ed Poor -- known as "Uncle Ed" by one or two Wikipedians of note