[WikiEN-l] Re: Deletion policy needed

Lee Pilich lee at audiblerecords.com
Wed Oct 22 23:50:34 UTC 2003

Alex Rosen wrote:
 >So if something doesn't have to notable to be in Wikipedia, then would
 >an article on every single elementary school in the world be OK? How
 >about every single person in the world?

As far as I'm concerned, articles on any person and on any school are fine
*if* we can verify the information in those articles. We can probably argue
about exactly what is meant by "verifiable" for a looong time (see
[[Wikipedia:Verifiabilty]] for some thoughts), but I think that by most
standards, it would mean that we wouldn't have articles on most of the
people in the world. Requiring things to be verifiable cuts a heck of a lot
of stuff out.

 >If so, then how will we ever get *done*?

We won't. That's part of the fun :)

Lee (Camembert)