[WikiEN-l] Process for suggesting a ban

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 22 16:37:09 UTC 2003

 "Poor, Edmund W"  wrote

<snip>

>The only case I'm going head-to-head on, is the field of climate change:
global warming and ozone depletion. That's because I think I know enough
about science and statistics to detect a flimflam campaign going on, and
I see no reason to roll over and play dead here. I'm trying to maintain
cordial relations with the chief proponent of the "wrong" POV, Dr.
William Connolley. Because he's a practicing scientist and I'm just an
amateur. In some ways, I feel we're making progress toward neutrality --
without sacrificing geniality.

>Oh, one more thing: just in case anyone imagines I might suddenly block
a user who disagrees with me on global warming; rest assured, I won't be
doing this.

<snip>

As my first posting to this list: can I say that I'm reassured, as someone
who knows William?  Anything else would be foot-shooting.

Charles