[WikiEN-l] Process for suggesting a ban (was Re: Resolution of conflicts)

Louis Kyu Won Ryu lazolla at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 15:28:11 UTC 2003

Poor, Edmund W wrote:
> We all know the policy, or should. Because Jimbo has said it many times.
>
> The best way to resolve a conflict, is by talking it out. Sometimes,
> other users can contribute to a resolution by mediating, but this
> doesn't always work.
>
> If a party to a conflict so desires, he may request that Jimbo consider
> blocking the other user's login-name. Such a block could be temporary or
> permanent.

I believe that the procedure is supposed to be to contact Jimbo
privately.  I will admit that I myself did not do this with the matter
of User:Mediator, but that seemed a special case for a number of reasons.

In any case, asking for a ban is a weighty matter.  None of us should go
about it casually, nor in the heat of a dispute.  This is especially
true for established contributors.

Louis