[WikiEN-l] Discussion of Wikipedia content issues

Louis Kyu Won Ryu lazolla at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 20 19:44:07 UTC 2003

Recently, Adam Carr contributed a well-researched writeup about
Wikipedia article quality.  It has since been moved to the meta.
I am concerned that it will receive little attention on the meta,
because relatively few Wikipedians read the meta, and those few that do
are not representative of the community.

I believe such discussions should take place in the Wikipedia: or
Wikipedia_talk: article spaces, now that these are available, so that
the discussion appears in recent changes, and so that it is seen by
everyone who may be interested.  Apparently there is a standing policy
against such discussions in those article spaces.  I believe the policy
should change.

The meta is useful for discussing the technical arcana, interlanguage
issues, and nuts-and-bolts issues of logos and press releases and so
forth.  But I believe it is a mistake to send general-interest
discussions about article content there.  All they get is a decent burial.

Louis