[WikiEN-l] "New" logo JIMBO, PLEASE INTERVENE

Richard Grevers lists at dramatic.co.nz
Fri Oct 17 05:55:19 UTC 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:12:13 -0700 (PDT), Daniel Ehrenberg
<littledanehren at yahoo.com> gave utterance to the following:

> But the Nohat logo doesn't have any *words* on it! No
> matter how many minor modifications are made, it still
> won't have words. Wikipedia is about words, not just
> letters.

Dan, did you ever read the starting brief for the logo contest? It
included the condition that, because W is multilingual, the logo should
not use words. So the original "winning" logo was in breach of the rules
and shouldn't have made it to the final 10.
But it did anyway, and won - as a concept. And by its designer's own
admission it wasn't up to production standard yet.

> Why weren't these modifications in the original logo
> vote like other modifications were?

Because the announced plan was to work on refining the winner wikistyle.

> PS. About a week and a half ago, I posted some
> complaints about the logo, but my comments were
> deleted by an anon. I'm really mad at him/her, but I
> can't do anything about it.

Why can't you just reinstate them from the page history?

--
Richard Grevers
Between two evils always pick the one you haven't tried