[WikiEN-l] Deletion policy needed

Alex R. alex756 at nyc.rr.com
Thu Oct 16 18:31:39 UTC 2003

 From: "Daniel Ehrenberg" <littledanehren at yahoo.com>

> --- Rick <giantsrick13 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I strongly oppose 2b.  I don't see that that's
> > particularly useful.
> >
> > RickK
>
> I agree. Often, the opinions you have have already
> been written and it would be pointless to repeat them.
> LDan

Here. Here. (or Hear, hear!)

It appears that 2 b) would be hard to enforce: what is an edit?
If someone adds or subtracts a simple sentence? Or is
a word or typo correction enough. If it is a content edit,
who determines what relevant content might be? It seems
this opens the door to the slippery slope that Angela
mentions  i.e. the policy will be open to interpretation
and we'll be back discussing who decides what an edit is
or is not and not dealing with the real issue. A streamlined
process that clears out useless clutter is what is needed,
not a Consitutional Convention dealing with the meaning
of every possible way of reaching some kind of agreement
on relatively uncontroversial deletions. The process should
not be hijackable (is that a word?) by anyone who comes
along with some kind of weird, idiosyncratic complaint
about the process.

Alex756