[WikiEN-l] Re: Destructive short term unilateral bans

Tim Starling ts4294967296 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 13:40:40 UTC 2003

Jake Nelson wrote:
> Tim Starling wrote:
>
>>Come to think of it, a simple, plainly visible log probably would have
>>prevented the whole situation in this case. I assume Anthere unbanned
>>"Mediator" before she started using it. If Ed had known Anthere's
>>reasons for doing that, perhaps this wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>Maybe the "web of trust" can be second priority.
>>

> Very true. A public record, say [[Wikipedia:Ban log]] for consistency with
> the other logs... this would be a Good Thing.

Done, in the slow branch of CVS, so it might be a couple of weeks before
it goes live. The following messages need translation: blocklogpage,
blocklogentry, blocklogtext, unblocklogentry.

It's probably the wrong list to ask this, but is there a standard
procedure for requesting translation of the user interface?

-- Tim Starling