[WikiEN-l] one more thing

steven l. rubenstein rubenste at ohiou.edu
Wed Oct 15 23:56:06 UTC 2003

I too have appreciated Anthere's contributions; since I have made a couple
of hasty comments on the whole "mediator" thing, I just want to add that my
previous comment was not intended in any way to question Anthere's
intentions or status in the community.  I definitely welcome discussion
concerning a mediator committee.  Personally, I have serious reservations
about the anonymity.  For now, my only objection is that I think it is
premature to begin a call for nominations to such a committee, unless there
has first been a thorough discussion of the idea.  I am still a little
confused -- I apologize, I just do not have the time to back-track and
reconstruct the history of the matter, so I am not sure whether it was
Jimbo, Anthere, or someone else who first asked for nominations or
suggestions.  I just don't think there should be nominations until
something close to a working consensus on the existence and nature of the
committee develops.

Steve

Steven L. Rubenstein
Associate Professor
Department of Sociology and Anthropology
Bentley Annex
Ohio University
Athens, Ohio 45701