"Mental Health Service Consumer" Trolls was Re: [WikiEN-l] mad trolls

Alex R. alex756 at nyc.rr.com
Tue Oct 14 22:00:51 UTC 2003

From: "sannse" <sannse at delphiforums.com>
> Stevertigo wrote (in part)
>
> > Not to mention-- a "mentally ill" "diagnosis" should
> > not be taken pejoratively -- it may in fact be a very
> > NPOV term to use for people whose behaviour is
> > extremely irrational. Compare this to calling "jerks"
> > for example.  Theres a difference.
>
> A very good point.  I think such a "diagnosis" /is/ often taken
> pejoratively, but you are very right that it shouldn't be.  And as Jimbo
> said (paraphrasing) some speculation about causes and motives can be
useful.

> I guess I need to look at my own attitudes to mental illness here.
>
> Regards
>
> sannse

This organization is a good place to start understanding
what "mental health service consumers" or just "mental
health consumers" (the terms used by most individuals
who are or should be under some kind of treatment)
have to deal with on a daily basis:
http://www.nami.org/template.cfm?section=Living_With

Alex756