[WikiEN-l] 24

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Tue Oct 14 02:52:13 UTC 2003

Stevertigo wrote:
> Would there be any problem (situation permitting) for
> user 24 to re-join the collective, as Adam and even RK
> have had the opportunity to do?  Would it not be more
> practical?

Stevertigo, I don't think you understand what's going on here.

I tried.  I let him come back as EofT for as long as we could take it.

Part of the problem is that he will not email me, he will not join the
mailing list, he will not take part in dialog.  He calls people
racists and control freaks.  He postures about being interested in
policy, but then he always makes it perfectly clear that he intends to
ignore any policy that he doesn't agree with.

More than once, he has frightened people, including me, by making
remarks implying a personal level of intimidation.  He likes to speak
of death for people who disagree with him, and says things like "There
is no co-operation with such people." "They were warned."

More than once, he has been accused of writing things that were
tantamount to death threats.

Because of him, I have issued strict instructions to my wife not to
open mysterious packages, should any arrive.

Say what you will about Adam or H.J. or anyone else who has been
banned, they were not frightening in any way.  Adam and I have an
ongoing semi-friendly dialogue in private email, arguing about
politics and what not.  H.J. wrote to me for months on end asking me
to help finish erasing her name from the website, etc.

But this guy, well, he's in a category all his own, I'm sorry to
conclude, and I think there is very little chance of him learning how
to behave in a civilized fashion.

--Jimbo