[WikiEN-l] Re: Louis Kyu Won Ryu

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 00:58:55 UTC 2003

 From: Louis Kyu Won Ryu <lazolla at hotmail.com>
> The expression "Raising Cain," meaning literally to
> bring Cain back from
> the dead, is a metaphor for making trouble and
> dissent.

There was not really trouble and dissent upon the
discussion over the Mediator idea. There were things
to discuss and fix.
I think that in the whole subject, those who have
brought the more dissent are not the ones so labelled.
I also think that provoking dissent over a person is
just a nice way to shut down a discussion over an
idea.

> > Louis, you are heavy and you have an
> interpretation of
> > other people words I do not agree with. Believe in
> > good faith
>
> Sorry to be anything other than a source of light
> for you, Anthere.

Believe me, I would prefer that everybody around here
is a source of light for me.

> know there was some value in what User:Mediator was
> doing, but I found
> hir words to lack sincerity in a number of places,
> the "simple English"
> recommendation being only one of them.  After all,
> it takes greater
> skill with langauge to limit vocabulary than it does
> to write in flowery
> metaphorical prose.

I would like to add that I am perhaps better placed to
have understood the suggestion made than english
speakers. I did not read it as criticism.

It was my understanding non-english speakers were
welcome to the simple wikipedia. If not, I would like
Angela to confirm it, so we can change the rules of
the simple accordingly.

And I truly believe that the
> only goal of
> User:Mediator was to disrupt.

You are entitled your opinion

> I did read through the entirety of your contribution
> at
> User_talk:Mediator.  There is much value in what you
> say about conflict
> resolution generally, and I hope your ideas will
> work their way into
> whatever mechanism does indeed come about.

Yup. Let's hope someone has the courage to do so in
spite of the weight that these ideas carry now.

In the current case, I don't think mediation was a
great success :-)