[WikiEN-l] EofT/142.177.etc/24 back as User:Mediator

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Oct 13 21:32:41 UTC 2003

Louis Kyu Won Ryu wrote:

> Our favorite troll is raising Cain as User:Mediator.

An unproven allegation.  It would be just as fair if I speculated that
you were a reincarnation of User:Clutch, or worse that you were yourself
EofT trying to stir discord by stirring up dissension.

> He has created a couple dozen pages on Mediation, including his
> "invitations" to participate in this new "role account."  Some of his
> ideas are valuable, some lack consensus, some are not neutral and
> cheapen the concept of mediation.  For example, he was critical of one
> user's language skills and suggested that they refrain from editing
> the English Wikipedia.

I don't recall seeing where he made that last criticism, but then those
pages are already becoming lengthy.  Being valuable and lacking
consensus are not mutually exclusive concepts.  So far, what's on those
pages is still at the proposal stage.  Also whoever it is has expressed
willingness to pass on the role account to someone else.  There have
been no takers so far.  If one appears I hope that it won't be someone
who jumps to accusations so quickly

> However, the content he has posted and its value are beside the point.

No! It is the point

> The point is, we've banned him three times.

But only if it's the same person.

> I suggest that the usual technological measures for dealing with edits
> from banned users be employed.  Pursuant to existing policy, the pages
> he created should be deleted and his other contributions rolled back.

Hmmm!  So what hidden agenda is there in this attempt to suppress all
these mediation proposals?

> And if anyone can confirm that User:Mediator is not 142.177.etc., I'll
> submit my apology and buy the next two rounds of drinks.

You have the burden of proof backward.  It's up to the person making the
accusation to prove that he is. Innocent until proven guilty.

Ec