[WikiEN-l] User:Non-liberals are stupid

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 00:40:17 UTC 2003

LDan wrote:
>Why is it necessary to restrict usernames? This seems
>like a pointless measure that could only loose us
>contributors.

I've already gone over this several times. Have you been reading the mailing
list lately? Loosing contributors who want to have provocative and offensive
user names would be a good thing since we already waste enough time with
anonymous trolls.

>So, if I did it again, you'd ban me? Even if all of my
>edits were OK?

You wasted a good deal of editing time from other contributors by your little
stunt. If you keep doing that type of stuff, then yes.

>You still haven't addressed my concern that this sets
>a dangerous precedent of banning someone while a
>discussion of whether or not to ban them was still
>going on.

Why or why do I have to address everything you write? I wasn't the person who
banned your user account either. And it has since be un-banned when we found
out it was you.

>This wasn't even for vandalism or trolling,
>just for having an objectionable username.

Yes it was trolling.

-- mav