[WikiEN-l] Re: User:Non-liberals are stupid

Lee Pilich pilich at btopenworld.com
Mon Oct 13 00:45:19 UTC 2003

LDan wrote:
 >Camembert said that this was a childish point to make,
 >but I don't see why.

I didn't say it was a childish point to make; I said it was a childish way
to make it.

You certainly have a point that deciding what usernames are and are not
acceptable is a very tricky thing. As I'm sure you realise, picking a
username like [[User:All <insert social/racial group of your choice>s must
die]] is just not on, but, at the same time, we don't want too many
restrictions on usernames. That's a fine point to make, but trying to make
it in the way that you did doesn't do you or your cause any good.

You've done a lot of good work on the Wikipedia, Dan - maybe this is a bit
of a slip-up, but we all make them. Whatever the outcome of this debate, I
hope you won't leave.

Lee (Camembert)