[WikiEN-l] User:Non-liberals are stupid

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 00:10:27 UTC 2003

LDan wrote:

>At the time I was banned (approx. 1 min after
>my account was created), I had made no edits aside
>from creating my userpage and editing User:Liberal's
>talk page. I intended to use the account to make
>completely NPOV edits on articles related US politics
>to prove that usernames are irrelavent, but I was
>banned before I could do that.

The point I've been trying make all along was that user names /are not/ there
to make points! What you did amounts to trolling and thus is something that
warrents an immediate ban. However, since you have never done anything like
this before and we all know that you are an upstanding young man, then I see
no reason to ban *you* from editing under user:LittleDan so long as you
promise not to pull a stunt like this again and not to edit under
user:Non-liberala are stupid or similarly provocative user names.

>Camembert said that this was a childish point to make,
>but I don't see why. Maybe this is because I am a
>child. Maybe Wikipedia isn't a place for children.

Childish doesn't mean that all children are childish all the time. Many adults
act childish (some almost all the time). However you almost always act very
responsibly and have intelligence and reason way beyond your years. We all
make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. If you'll try to not repeat this
particular lapse of judgment again, then Wikipedia is most definitely a place
for you.

Oh, and you are a teenager, not a child IIRC. ;-)

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)