[WikiEN-l] User names

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 19:54:51 UTC 2003

Matthew Woodcraft wrote:
>And, as Wikipedia is not our employer, I think
>imposing a dress code is inappropriate.

We are creating a product that is used by a great many people with many, many,
unique POVs. Having usersnames that are POV slogans as being attributed
authors to that body of knowledge is going to disparage our work and put its
neutrality in question.

But we can actually wear whatever we want during meet-ups since that doesn't
affect the wide adoption of our work. And of course we can all continue to
write in our underwear!

-- mav