[WikiEN-l] Username changed

Tim Starling ts4294967296 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 12 04:12:05 UTC 2003

With this edit:

http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=User_talk:Jesus_is_Lord%21&diff=
1554335&oldid=1554034

Drolsi Susej requested a name change. S/he (I'm not going to try to guess
the gender of foreign names again) said:

I'v decided that I would like to change my username to "Drolsi Susej". I
would like to say that I'm not terribly happy about changing my username,
but will do so to avoid further conflict from certain users. In the future,
Wikipedia needs to develop a better policy about changing a user's name. An
abrupt insistance that my username must be changed probably lead me to fight
a name change more than I otherwise might have. A policy is better than
having someone complain to the wikien-l, race off to change the policy,
start a vote to have a user name forcibly changed, goes on to insult the
user whose name they don't like, and then procede to declare that they will
ban the user they don't like. Jesus is Lord! 01:53, 12 Oct 2003 (UTC)

Note that Drosli linked various words in that tract to diffs and mailing
list posts. I changed the name shortly thereafter.

-- Tim Starling.