[WikiEN-l] Re: Ahem

Jake Nelson jnelson at soncom.com
Sat Oct 11 07:08:28 UTC 2003

> P.S.  If there is a very good reason regular users aren't allowed to
> view deleted pages, I'd like to know what it is. There may be one; I
> just can't think of any.

Two primary reasons: Copyvios and people using it as advertising or trolling
or anything else where they just want people to see it.
Some would say it weakens deletion, means there's less point to doing so;
others would say that it makes deletion seem less dire, because it'll still
be visisble until it's cleaned out... leading to increased deletion with the
theory 'if they think it's important, they'll undelete it.', etc. This is
the gist of what I recall of previous debates about this issue... maybe
someone else can explain it clearer.

-- Jake