[WikiEN-l] Jeezis needs a name change

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 02:05:52 UTC 2003

It's not at all ridiculous, and I find your characterization offensive, as well.

RickK

Sean Barrett <sean at epoptic.org> wrote:
Stevertigo wrote:
> --- Anthere wrote:
>
>>what does "Retard" means ? (in french, it implies
>>"late")
>

> LOL. En English it means "mentally retarded" --as in
> "stunted growth". See "fire retardant".

"To retard" is a perfectly legitimate verb meaning "to hold back" or "to
slow." Assuming that it refers to a psycological condition is every bit
as ridiculous as assuming that "niggardly" has something to do with skin
color.