[WikiEN-l] Please stop bashing me

Richard Grevers lists at dramatic.co.nz
Thu Oct 9 18:45:17 UTC 2003

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:21:35 +0000, cprompt <cprompt at tmbg.org> gave
utterance to the following:

>> Ed Poor
> This isn't at all an unreasonable request. Ed has brought forward a
> legitimate problem, and in his frustration has made a threat to
> temporarily ban NPOV violators. The consensus is that he should not do
> this, but that these NPOV violations should be brought to the attention
> of the community, since as Ed said, explaining NPOV and being cordial
> did not work.

Basically, Ed forgot one of the fundamental rules of sysophood: "Sysop
powers may not be used in disputes on articles where the sysop is a party
to the dispute (has contributed to the article)."
His correct action would have been to post "I'm fed up with these people,
could someone please come and referee?" without suggesting suspension.

--
Richard Grevers
Between two evils always pick the one you haven't tried