[WikiEN-l] Please don't put words in my mouth

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Oct 9 18:09:33 UTC 2003

Gareth,

I know the difference between my POV and "scientific consensus". I don't
recall ever claiming that there was a scientific consensus confirming my
own POV. Please quote an e-mail, talk comment or article edit that
implies otherwise, or stop speculating publicly about what I "could not
realise".

I find such comments belittling and well as insulting.

Anyway, my CURRENT position is that MEDIA reports I've seen in the last
decade OVERWHELMINGLY support the GW hypothesis. I am aware of only 3
scientists who disagree with it:

* Lindzen - prof. at MIT
* Balunias - astronomer at Harvard
* Singer - (retired?) scientist who pioneered satellite temp.
measurements

I've been consistent about QUESTIONING the Democratic Party platform
plank which claimed a "scientific consensus" on GW. If any one has
identified their own POV with scientific consensus, it's the US
Democratic Party -- not me. So don't try to pin that on me.

In fact, don't put words in my mouth at all. The dust makes me choke,
and then I have to gargle with Listerine. :-(

Ed Poor