[WikiEN-l] Please stop bashing me

cprompt cprompt at tmbg.org
Thu Oct 9 13:21:35 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 13:37, Poor, Edmund W wrote:
> Yet the way Sheldon Rampton characterized me is unfair. If I were a
> litigious person, I'd... - but I'm not. I seek no damages, no apology. I
> just wish he would stop his unfair criticisms and take care to avoid
> anything which would (in his opinion) constitute an unfair discrediting
> attack, if it were aimed by a "skeptic" at an "environmentalist".
>
> Unabashedly,
>
> Ed Poor
This isn't at all an unreasonable request. Ed has brought forward a
legitimate problem, and in his frustration has made a threat to
temporarily ban NPOV violators. The consensus is that he should not do
this, but that these NPOV violations should be brought to the attention
of the community, since as Ed said, explaining NPOV and being cordial
did not work.

No one is at risk of anything. Let's heed the intent of Ed's words and
take the sharper parts with a grain of salt.