[WikiEN-l] Re: Anti-scientific bias has me hopping mad!

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 21:19:10 UTC 2003

LDan wrote:
>Almost all of Wikipedia is unsourced!

Yeah, so? And the great, great majority of that
information is easily confirmed. We are talking about
the stuff that cannot be easily confirmed /when
somebody checks/.

>If you have a question about the source, just ask
>whoever wrote it.

That isn't always so easy. Besides the question has to
do with the article, so the best place for that is the
talk page. You are operating on the assumption that
the person who wrote the material is really the only
person who could answer the question - not so. If the
material is in fact legit, then any number of people
who visit that article's talk page can respond.

>That way, they will be a lot quicker to respond.

If the removal is more than a smallish paragraph, then
it would make sense to also inform the user directly.
But, only when this info is easily obtained without
having to sort through dozens of diffs.

>I almost never watch articles I write,

That is your choice.

>and if someone took off some of my content because
>it's"unsourced", there's little chance I'd go back
and
>find it and write the source.

If you care about that, then hit 'Watch this page'
more often.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)