[WikiEN-l] Re: Anti-scientific bias has me hopping mad!

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Wed Oct 8 14:00:17 UTC 2003

Sheldon Rampton wrote:
> I call on Jimbo to make sure that Ed doesn't abuse his powers to
> inject his own minority point of view into an article about which he
> clearly feels very passionate while lacking sufficient knowledge or
> perspective to serve as any kind of arbiter of what constitutes
> fairness and balance.

Well, sure, but keep in mind that I'm essentially sympathetic to what
Ed is saying.  I think that there is a lot of politically driven junk
science in this area, unskeptically reported by people who like the
political implications, and that a skeptical voice about that is
healthy.

But content is not my job, procedure is.

And of course, as I've said, it would be inappropriate to ban people
without due process, and I tend to suspect that this case if studied
carefully would reveal the healthy debate that gives rise to NPOV
rather than any actual bannable offenses.

--Jimbo