[WikiEN-l] Anti-scientific bias has me hopping mad!

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 00:25:48 UTC 2003

I VOCIFEROUSLY object to Ed Poor's taking these POV matters into his own hands.  Banning people is a last resort, not something to do because he disagrees with their edits.  If he tries to ban them, I will immediately unban them unless he can prove that they deserve to be banned.  Do we really want to start a banning war?

RickK

"Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:
I'm getting awfully tired of watching environmentalists inject their
junk science POV into articles. They palm off their own prejudices as
scientific fact far too glibly for me to remain patient any longer.

We need to start cracking down on contributors who do this.

I'm talking about the dozens of places in which environmentalist
contributors keep inserting their unattributed claim that there is a
CONSENSUS that supports their POV. I'm talking about PhD scientists like
William Connolley who insert statemnts like "Singer is wrong" into
articles instead of NAMING the scientists who disagree with Singer and
saying WHY they disagree.

I've tried being cordial affable. I've tried patiently explaining NPOV.
Nothing works. These advocates keep injecting their POV back into the
articles, even using smear tactics against scientists who report
findings which disagree with environmentalist POV.

I can't stop three dozen other contributors from injecting bias into the
scientific articles relating to the environment. Not by myself -- not by
slowly and patiently undoing each mistake and explaining it. I'm
outnumbered and outgunned.

I'm going to start issuing official warnings to NPOV violators. If that
doesn't slow them down, I'm going to suspend them -- give them a
temporary ban.

Jimbo keeps saying he's sorry to see me go and happy to see me back.
Well, I call on him to back me up -- or fire me.

Ed Poor (aka Uncle Ed))