[WikiEN-l] Jerusalem

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Oct 6 18:19:43 UTC 2003

Here is my comment on the "capital city" controversy. With Wikipedia so
slow today, I feel I'd better post here than not at all :-(

This sentence might not be true:

*All other states with diplomatic relations to Israel continue to regard
Tel Aviv as the Israeli capital...a gesture virtually unique in
diplomatic history.

Let's separate out fact from interpretation:
1. It is _true_ that all other states with diplomatic relations to
Israel maintain their embassies in Tel Aviv.
2. It is an _interpretation_ that the placement of the embassy in a city
= regarding that city as the nation's capital.

Pending any documentation that even ONE country calls Tel Aviv the
capital of Israel, this sentence is best omitted from the article.

Ed Poor