[WikiEN-l] Committe volunteers requested

Alex R. alex756 at nyc.rr.com
Fri Oct 3 23:52:11 UTC 2003

From: "Stevertigo" <utilitymuffinresearch2 at yahoo.com>

> --- Jimmy Wales <jwales at joey.bomis.com> wrote:
>
> > That is, your email should say something like:
> > "I only want to volunteer for the mediation
> > committee."
> > or
> > "I prefer mediation, but I'd also do arbitration if
> > you asked."
> > or
> > "Either mediation or arbitration is better for me."
>
> I prefer mediation, but I'd also do arbitration if you
> asked.
>
> ~S~

I would be happy to volunteer to be a member of the
group (I don't know what is meant by the word
committee) of volunteers who will try to advocate
for someone who is accused of violating the
standards. I would take that role _very_ seriously and
try to present their activity and contributions in
the best possible light to any structure the the
brothers and sisters of the cenacle decide. Anyone
can contact me via the email on my link and then
I will help them prepare their case (of course I
reserve the right not to advocate unreasonable
positions and I can't guarantee that I will take on
every case but if I have the time I want to make sure
that any one who feels that have been wrongly
accused and who face banning when they sincerely
want to continue to contribute to Wikipedia will
get help from me.  I promise that I will advocate
for them as zealously as I can under the circumstances
as long as they cooperate with me and do not
ask me to state any falsehoods or misrepresentations
on their behalf.

Alex756