[WikiEN-l] The Times They are a'Changin'

Abe Sokolov abesokolov at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 3 17:20:09 UTC 2003

Jimbo's "double edge sword" comment was very well put. Both users function
best on the Israeli-Palestinian articles when they have each other by the
throat.

Btw, Sv's Bob Dylan allusion should be leaving us with more than the tune to
"The Times They are a'Changin'" in our heads. Made with such decidedly bad
taste, it started to prove me right sooner than I had expected.
Israeli-Palestinian neutrality was little more than an equilibrium of RK and
Sv. Without RK, Sv's side's going to have a far greater say over all the
articles than ever - which will encourage new RK-types to invade the site in
droves.

Those favoring a ban on RK are way off if they think that the outcome is
going to be NPOV (or maybe they don't care - maybe their reasons are solely
personal and ideological). I can understand that - I'd much rather work with
the more reasonable Sv (whose worldview is by and large is far closer to
mine than RK's is)- but that's not in Wikipedia's interests as a whole.