[WikiEN-l] Wikiquette "committee"

Alex R. alex756 at nyc.rr.com
Fri Oct 3 02:19:33 UTC 2003

From: "Daniel Ehrenberg" <littledanehren at yahoo.com>

> > [lots of complex procedures]

Really, it is very simple I'll explain it to you so you
understand it and I bet you will agree it is not complex.
I am just writing three things at the same time and you
are getting to see what the mind of a lawyer is like
(and for free!) "Oh my do they really think like that!"

> Wikipedia's goal is to make an encyclopedia, not a
> judicial system. Any big debates that are not solved
> by mediation could just go on village pump, an article
> talk page, or, if it's really hard to resolve, the
> mailing list. A private messaging system would be
> useful (but possibly difficult to impliment), but more
> than that would be too much. The user talk system
> seems to work well currently; maybe I missed something
> about an actual problem with it that's come up.
> LDan

People need privacy to discover problems.
It does not need anything really complex.
I used a secure email service that is free.
There are also secure chat programs that you
can use. It does not have to be done "on Wikipedia"
just like this discussion list. And the mediation will
not be GFDL it is a private discussion between the
parties (one being a representive of the users).

Alex756