[WikiEN-l] RK ban deemed unwise

Jimmy Wales jwales at joey.bomis.com
Thu Oct 2 22:18:37 UTC 2003

Richard Grevers wrote:
> Ed, won't the latter action reinforce RK's misguided impression that his
> talk page is sacred and for his use only, the thing which seemed to
> trigger his flying off the handle?

I don't necessarily think so.  I think in a dispute of any kind, we
should try to give the other person what they want to whatever extent
possible, rather than trying to teach them a lesson of some kind.

> His acceptance that user talk pages are intended for Wikipedians to leave
> each other messages is probably one of the keys to resolving this.

Sure, but he's more likely to accept that if we stand back from it a
bit, don't you think?

RK might be too mad to ever come back, in which case we can move from
talking about this to talking about just what we can do in the future
to try to prevent such strife.

--Jimbo