[WikiEN-l] Consensus on Banning

Jimmy Wales jwales at joey.bomis.com
Thu Oct 2 21:33:38 UTC 2003

Geoff Burling wrote:
> 4. This process should not rely on Jimbo. That's for the simple
>    reason eventually he won't be involved as closely with Wikipedia,
>    & may be replaced by someone who is not as ``hands-off" or
>    ``wise" or ``lazy" as Jimbo has been, & starts to push her/his
>    own POV onto all of us.

Well, I'm not going anywhere.  I might die, of course, as might
happen to any of us.  But I have no plans to that effect.  :-)

So, although I agree that we should devise processes that rely less
and less on me, it isn't because I'm not going to be as closely
involved as I am now.  I'm here for the long haul, as far as I know.

--Jimbo