[WikiEN-l] Re: RK temp-banned

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Thu Oct 2 20:24:05 UTC 2003

Poor, Edmund W wrote:

>In light of comments from Erik (aka Eloquence), Axelboldt, Vicki R.,
>Gutza, Abe, and I hope I haven't left anyone out...
>
>Our next question is:
>
>* Shall we set a date for ending the temporary ban? Or,
>* Shall we ask Jimbo to endorse a permanent ban?

My personal preference would be to unban him in some relatively short
period of time (perhaps 2-3 days to allow things to cool down slightly),
and dispatch to him an email informing him that he has been unbanned,
and is welcome to return in a productive fashion, but will be rebanned
if he engages in any vandalism.  If he does in fact engage in vandalism
again, then I'd support banning him for an indefinite period of time
(basically, "permanently," unless he in the future requests to come back
and promises to behave, like Lir did).  If he chooses not to return at
all, then unbanning him does no harm either.

-Mark