[WikiEN-l] Abe's thesis

Jimmy Wales jwales at joey.bomis.com
Thu Oct 2 19:31:38 UTC 2003

Ray Saintonge wrote:
> If I understand correctly, his thesis is that if RK is allowed to
> take outrageous positions on Israel/Palestine issues that will be
> more effective in presenting that view than a large number of
> moderates.

Can you give examples of RK taking outrageous positions on
Israel/Palestine issues?  I don't think he does, and I don't think
that's quite what Abe's point was.

RK is a pretty good NPOV writer.  Better than most, I think.

The problem with RK is not that he battles to write absurd things in
articles -- the problem with RK is that he's very difficult to work
with, and that -- in the current case -- he really stepped over the
lines in terms of not treating others with respect and kindness.

Several people have made this claim over time -- that RK is trying to
insert blatant propaganda into articles.  But the examples that I have
seen are very *very* thin, and don't support ANY idea of RK as being
out of line with respect to his article edits.

--Jimbo