[WikiEN-l] Re: RK temp-banned

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Oct 2 17:28:35 UTC 2003

Poor, Edmund W wrote:

>In light of comments from Erik (aka Eloquence), Axelboldt, Vicki R.,
>Gutza, Abe, and I hope I haven't left anyone out...
>
>Our next question is:
>
>* Shall we set a date for ending the temporary ban? Or,
>* Shall we ask Jimbo to endorse a permanent ban?

I support 24 hours as the appropriate banning period.  This is an
otherwise productive Wikipedian who has out-of-control moments.

The disrespectful "Nazipedia" comments should likely be acknowledged as
having come in the midst of a rage.

In cases like this we need some kind of a "mentor" system.  In this case
the mentor could be a person whom RK personally trusts, and to whom he
would pay attention.  When he shows signs of going out of control, that
person could say "STOP" or some other agreed secrt word, and get the
appropriate reaction.

Ec