[WikiEN-l] Re: RK

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Oct 2 15:43:04 UTC 2003

Dante Alighieri wrote:

>  maybe it's just because we have dinner plans and needed to pick up
> the dry-cleaning first.

Do you really find those things more important? :-)

> Even worse, accusing the entire Wikipedia community of  /anything/ is
> patently absurd.... as a matter of fact, it's something that bigots
> usually do... making broad generalizations about entire groups of
> people. Interesting.

I've never been a big fan of banning, and I make no exception with
regard to RK.

Nevertheless, I do believe that he was doing his own cause a disservice.
 In my mind things had reached a point where a claim of anti-semitism
from him was being judged more on the fact that he was the one making
the claim, and not on any anti-semitism in the object of his criticism.
 Had similar claims come from others among our known Jewish members, we
all would have taken the claims more seriously.

Ec