[WikiEN-l] Re: Speaking of POV -- MR Sheldon Rampton?

Sheldon Rampton sheldon.rampton at verizon.net
Thu Oct 2 14:02:05 UTC 2003

Steve Vertigum wrote:

>Ive looked at some of the material on Disinfopedia,
>and think most of it too valuable to leave to it
>alone.  I would encourage at some point an integration
>of those date to Wikipedia-- as much of it is
>encyclopedic.
>
>The only failing of Disinfo that I can see so far
>(besides the fact that "Disinfo" doesnt bring up DisP
>on a Google search) is its disconnection from
>Wikipedia, and the division of energy that it
>represents.

Sorry for not answering this sooner. I'm rather busy these days, so I
haven't been reading all my email. I'm not opposed in principle to
merging the Disinfopedia into Wikipedia, but I'd like to see what
other Wikipedians think of the idea.

>Not to mention NPOV -- that the occasional crass
>comment actually hurts the legitimacy of the DisP as a
>source.

Point taken. The Disinfopedia is still very young, and hasn't yet
achieved the maturity of the Wikipedia.

>Respectforking yours,

Har har. Technically, though, I don't think the Disinfopedia is a fork.
--