[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Putting a notice of dispute

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 22:13:07 UTC 2003

> By the way, would some admin (other than me) please
> add to the top of
> [[Christian-Jewish reconciliation]] the standard
> text about ''the
> neutrality of this page is disputed''? I don't dare
> do it myself,
> because of the guideline about "he who protects a
> page must not edit
> it".
> > Ed Poor

>IMHO, I think that that is protesting the page
anyway.
>This is the type of case where it's the spirit of the
>law, not the letter. If you think that the neutrality
>of the article is disputed, then you can't edit it
>(unless we want to change that rule partially).
LDan

If you think that the neutrality of an article is
disputed, then you can't edit it even to put a lack of
neutrality banner on it ?

I think this is deeply curious. One would say on the
contrary that the one disputing an article could
precisely be the one adding a banner. And that once an
article is protected, it is so obvious that its
neutrality is disputed, that anyone could put a banner
without fearing to be breaching any rule.