[WikiEN-l] Temp Ban Policy Suggestions

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Nov 20 14:40:30 UTC 2003

Maveric and Chris Mahan have both suggested formulas for blocking
signed-in users from editing, if abandon cooperative editing and engage
in excessive reversion.

I agree in principle, and I trust someone like mav or Eloquence or
Angelas or (oddly enough, even myself) to:
1. Determine that someone has violated the rules
2. Recommend a ban to Jimbo

I just don't think Jimbo is *ever* going to delegate hard-ban authority,
even for a week -- not any time soon, anyway. He's found a way of
maintaining community stability and he's not likely to give in to our
periodic demands for "more authority".

Sometimes I think he's just being stubborn, and sometimes I think he's
much wiser than I am about this - but /he/ is the one running a
successful company and sponsoring the world's largest Wiki community
(not little ol' me).

Uncle Ed