[WikiEN-l] Sysop nomination: Jtdirl

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Wed May 14 20:49:32 UTC 2003

I am more than a little surprised to find that I have nominated to be a
sysop. It wasn't something that I ever sought. But I honoured to have been
nominated.

I know that I can be a little sharp sometimes :-), not to mention ironic.
But I am also aware of the responsibilities that come with being a sysop. To
the observation that I might abuse the responsibilities, that would not
arise. I can be rigid in some ways in urging people to be factual and
accurate (hence my involvement in some rows where I felt highest standards
of accuracy, inpartiality and correctness were not being followed) but that
also means that I would have a very strict adherence to the rules and
responsibilities of being a sysop, and an absolute determination NOT in any
way to personally abuse the responsibilities (for they are responsibilities,
not power). Indeed to be honest, I have not seen any sysop abuse their
powers as sysops in the time I have been on wiki. Becoming a sysop would be
an honour and responsibility I would take very seriously.

If I can serve wiki by being a sysop, I will be happy and honoured to do so.

JT