[WikiEN-l] This is the English Wikipedia

Daniel Ehrenberg littledanehren at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 00:35:43 UTC 2003

Not to minimize what you're saying, but this problem
extends beyond non-native English speakers. Before I
joined Wikipedia as anonymous56789, I had a different
username (which I now can't remember. After that, I
quit wikipedia for a year and then rejoined). Anyway,
I didn't know as much about grammar and spelling back
then, and I was rudely told I didn't know English well
enough (or something like that) to contribute to an
encyclopedia like this. This may have happened to more
kids than me, too.

If you find the subtlties of English daunting (not
that you are unintelligent in any way), you could help
with the simple english wikipedia. It attempts to use
only the 1000 most common words in English to create
an encyclopedia. It still uses the UseMod software,
though.

By the way, why haven't all of the wikis been upgraded
yet?

http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Talk:Knowledge&diff=1017714&oldid=1016720